Currently the Maryland State Archives has no plans to conduct Genealogy Workshops.
Experience the beginning Genealogy Workshop On-Line!
- Research at home gathering and recording evidence.
- Research facilities in the Annapolis/Baltimore/Washington area.
- African American genealogical sources.
- Making sense of census records.
- Using computers to find on-line sources.
Experience the Researching African American Families Workshop On-Line!
Researching African American Families at the Maryland State Archives:
- Free black and mulatto families in the colonial period.
- 19th century freedom papers.
- The United States Colored Troops (U.S.C.T.).
- 4. Using Census and Vital Records.
- 5. A review of African-American on-line sources.
Return to the Reference & Research page.
This information resource of the Maryland State Archives is presented here for fair use in the public domain. When this material is used, in whole or in part, proper citation and credit must be attributed to the Maryland State Archives. PLEASE NOTE: Rights assessment for associated source material is the responsibility of the user.
350 Rowe Boulevard, Annapolis, MD 21401 | MD toll free (800) 235-4045 or (410) 260-6400
Fax: (410) 974-2525 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Directions & Hours