Examples of valid series IDs are C55, SE196, TM18.
Funeral Home Records
For more information on the locations of these funeral homes and the accessibility of the records, consult Records of Baltimore's Private Organizations [designated below as RBPO] c.r. 1981 University of Baltimore Educational Foundation. Researchers might also want to consult The Records of the Task Force to Examine the State's Cemetery and Funeral Industry, the Minutes of the Board of funeral Directors and Embalmers, or the history of the Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers
|Anne Arundel||Baltimore City & County||Calvert||Caroline|
|Frederick||Prince George's||Washington, D.C.|
- TAYLOR FUNERAL HOME, Annapolis. See "Annapolis Funeral Homes," MSA Topic File; MSA SC 1456-2044.
- CVACH FUNERAL HOME, 1211 Chesaco Avenue, Baltimore, MD, 21237 (Phone 410-682-2467) has records dating from 1879 (RBPO).
- DELLA NOCE and Sons FUNERAL HOME, Inc., 322 S. High St., Baltimore, MD, 21202 (Phone 410-539-3205) has records dating from 1934 (RBPO).
- DENNY, JOHN F., Inc., records 1840-1970, are at the University of Baltimore.
- DENNY AND MITCHELL FUNERAL HOME, records, 1885-1896, are held by Mitchell- Wiedefeld (q.v.).
- DIPPEL BROTHERS, Inc., 7110 Bel Air Road, Baltimore, MD 21206 (Phone: 410-665-8400) has records from 1840. (RBPO)
- EVANS FUNERAL CHAPEL, 8802 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD, 21234 (phone 410-665-944) has records dating from 1881. Funeral home was at Baltimore and Exeter Sts., and then 118 West Mount Royal Avenue (RBPO).
- HUGHES AND CO. FUNERAL HOME, Records 1837-1874 held by Mitchell-Wiedefeld (q.v.).
- HUGHES AND DENNY FUNERAL HOME, Records from 1874-1885 held by Mitchell-Wiedefeld (q.v.).
- JACK LEWIS FUNERAL HOME, Records are at the Jewish Museum of Maryland.
- JENKINS, HENRY W., AND SONS, Co., 4905 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212 (Phone: 410-435-0200), has records dating from 1799 (RBPO).
- LASSAHN FUNERAL HOME, 7401 Bel Air Road, Baltimore, MD 21236, (Phone 410-665-2000), has records dating from 1912 (RBPO).
- MARCH FUNERAL HOMES, 1101 E. North Avenue, Baltimore, MD, has been in business for over 37 years (Phone 410-435-0500).
- MEARS, HENRY W., and Sons, 1888-1943. Records are part of the Records of the Tickner Funeral Homes, MHS MS.2702. The earliest volume begins 1888, and shows name of deceased, residence, place of birth, date and cause of death, date and place of burial, including lot and section no.
- MITCHELL FUNERAL HOME, records, 1896-1965, are held by Mitchell-Wiedefeld (q.v.).
- MITCHELL-WIEDEFELD FUNERAL HOME, 6500 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212 (Phone: 410-377-8300). The records date from 1867, and the funeral home also holds records of: Hughes and Co., 1837-1874; Hughes and Denny, 1874-1885; Denny and Mitchell, 1885-1896; Mitchell, 1896-1965.
- SANDER, HENRY, and SONS, Inc., North Avenue and Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21213 (Phone 410-342-4100), has records from 1866 (RBPO).
- STEWART AND MOWEN CO., 100 West North Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Phone: 410-685-1342), has records from 1870 (RBPO).
- TICKNER, WILLIAM E., and Sons, 1878-1956. 50 volumes of records are at the Maryland Historical Society, MS.2707; later volumes give name of customer, age, birthplace, cause and date of death, name and birthplace of deceased's parents, physical characteristics of the deceased as well as financial transactions relating to the funeral. Indexed.
- ULLRICH FUNERAL HOME, 4210 Bel Air Road, Baltimore, MD 21206 has records from 1871. Now being operated by the Cvach Funeral Homes (Phone 410-682-2467). (RBPO).
- WEBER FUNERAL HOME, 401 S. Chester St., Baltimore, MD 21231 (Phone: 410-276-6600). The records date from 1920.
- WEBER, GEORGE A., AND SONS, Inc. 705 S. Ann St., Baltimore, MD 21231 (Phone: 410-732-1127), has records from 1927 (RBPO).
- Calvert County Funeral Home Journals, 1885-1944; Calvert County Genealogy Newsletter, Sunderland, Maryland, 1990.
- “Account Book of Daniel Cannon, Daniel R., and Clarence W. Adams,” Undertakers of Northwest Fork Hundred, Sussex County, Delaware, Near Bloomer, Caroline County, Maryland,” by Stephen E. Matthews and Daniel A. Phillips, MGSB 38 (2) 118-181.
- CREAGER, M. LUTHER, Funeral Director, Thurmont, MD, Account Book, 1899-1915. MSA SC 730. MF M 1104, M 1105.
- Gleanings from the Records of Francis Gasch's Sons Funeral Homes, 1860-1940. Published by the Prince George's County Genealogical Society.
- Register of Burials of the Joseph F. Birch Funeral Home, 4 vols. (Jan. 1, 1847 - Dec. 31, 1938). Columbian Harmony Society, Washington, DC, 1989.