Currently the Maryland State Archives has no plans to conduct Genealogy Workshops.
- Research at home gathering and recording evidence.
- Research facilities in the Annapolis/Baltimore/Washington area.
- African American genealogical sources.
- Making sense of census records.
- Using computers to find on-line sources.
Researching African American Families at the Maryland State Archives:
- Free black and mulatto families in the colonial period.
- 19th century freedom papers.
- The United States Colored Troops (U.S.C.T.).
- 4. Using Census and Vital Records.
- 5. A review of African-American on-line sources.